Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ambitious Kimono Tee


First of all it was time to try a new pattern after all the Lydia that's been appearing on this blog (and in my wardrobe). Secondly I really loved the look of this Kimono Tee which is a free pattern on BurdaStyle posted by a member named pixelink (Thanks!).


Now being the ambitious sew-er that I am I thought, you know, this looks like a really simple pattern. Maybe seeing as it's going to be such an easy top to sew I could give it a fancy neckline? So I played around with it and ended up forming this great idea in my head of what it should look like.

And then I tried it. And I kept trying it. And I kept trying. And trying. And trying. I got to the point where I was so far into this idea that it was too late to back out. After a number of hours and a very frustrated sew-er I managed to come out with this. It looks ok on so long as you don't ever peek at the stitching. Really.

So I'm posting it here to show you what losing 3 hours of my life looks like but let's never speak of it again. Okay?



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Cute, I love what you've done with such a simple design

    ReplyDelete