Oh look! The Kimono is back. Yes. I loved the pattern and comfiness of this tee enough to create another one. This time with a little feminine touch of the ribbon around the neck. Wanna know how I did it? Yes I hear you say? Excellent. Read on.
1. Find yourself some ribbon that's around 1.5 metres long.
2. Cut out the pattern as per instructions.
3. Fold over the end of the ribbon and pin it at the centre back of the neckline.
4. Now every 3 or 4 centimetres, fold the ribbon underneath itself so that it follows the rounded neckline. Pin into place as you go. Notice the folds are slightly angling to follow the rounded neckline. This is how it should look.
5. Once you get back around to the centre back where you started cut the ribbon off and fold it under so that it sits flush with the rest of the folds.
6. Sew around the top edge of the ribbon and again around the bottom edge to make sure it's all secure.
Ta da! You have a ribboned neckline.