|Look what I made!|
This project also marks my first time using elastic. I got really brave and marked out where I wanted the elastic to be. I measured up the length and cut a strip about 3 centimetres wide that I sewed all the way around the interior (after edging it with my trusty pinking shears) then sewed it in. Getting the elastic in was fiddly because there was one section that was mysteriously much thinner than the rest of the fabric and meant it was the exact width of the elastic. It didn't want to let me feed it through but in the ensuing struggle I managed to win (hurrah!) and now the dress and I are at peace (double hurrah!).