Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Purple Ruffle Dress


I made a dress! I found this great dress made by a member of BurdaStyle here which inspired me to make one just like it. I found jersey in almost exactly the same colour (not because I'm a sewing stalker or anything) and set out to make my own pattern for it because she did too (I remind you again I'm totally not stalking). My neckline ended up a little differently because I wanted to do a wide ruffle to completely cover the straps of the dress. This was solely because I had run out of any more fabric to edge the armholes and so left them raw. And here you have it my first comfy summer dress. Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. It looks great - I'm sure you'll get heaps of wear out of it for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour and great neckline!

    ReplyDelete