Sunday, October 14, 2012

Black & White Striped Peplum Top


I made another Peplum Top! This time I made it from Ponte Knit in a wide black and white stripe. I wanted a peplum top that could be dressed up a little more and this is perfect for black skinny jeans and a jacket for spring.

I followed the same pattern I made from my tutorial on making a peplum top. The only change I made was to add in a pleat in the sleeve. It looked pretty nifty on the flat pattern piece but it's not very noticable once sewn up and worn but I don't mind. It's a little added interest.


Also I concentrated really hard and managed to get some awesome stripe matching action happening on both the bodice and the peplum. Check it.


I paired it up with my Red Leather Bow Necklace to wear out and I loved them together.

Also apologies for the blurriness in these photos we were fighting against some twilight light and losing quickly. I couldn't help but use them though because there are just so many beautiful little painted laneways in Newtown.



So there you have it. Another success from my Shopping for fabric with a list challenge.

16 comments:

  1. I love what u did with the sleeve, thanks for sharing a how-to with the photo... could use that technique to add pleats to everything :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super-sew-up with those stripes - had to look twice for the join! Love how this can be dressed up or down, as needed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and the sleeve is extra cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! I love the sleeve detail. I added a pleat to my Alma blouse - it was a fix a huge cap sleeve but it's such a cute little detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabric choice and you did a fab job getting the seams to match up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this peplum top! I've just made my first and see why you love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really sharp on you! (Wow, I sounded like my Granny when I said that!) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The sleeve detail is very frisky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute top. Love the pleat in the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great top! Nice work on the stripe matching (I suck at matching patterns, I just don't have the patience) and the sleeve detail is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And also, I think we have the same glasses, haha!

      Delete
  11. Another awesome peplum top! I have your tutorial bookmarked, just have to find the right fabric for it (and once I finish the other dozen projects I have on the go).

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so cute! Love it on you

    http://seelovemake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jodie, I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a blog award. You can see the details here: http://mymessings.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/some-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is some awesome pattern-matching. Love the pleat in the sleeve too. And cute bow necklace :-)

    ReplyDelete