Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blue Herringbone Scarf


Hey look I knitted another scarf! And guess what it's Herringbone too! To be quite honest with you I learnt the knit stitch, the purl stitch and did a test swatch to learn to knit. Then I barrelled on learning the herringbone stitch straight away and made my first Herringbone Scarf. I followed that by making this scarf so consequently I'm not sure that I could actually remember anything but the Herringbone stitch.

This is me all rugged up in my backyard. And yes I know it's only really autumn but I've already pulled out this coat and worn the scarf a couple of times. Not sure what happens when winter actually arrives!


The scarf knitted up much faster this time because I used size 10 needles and a thicker yarn. I'm much more in love with this sized stitch than the previous scarf. I still love it but this scarf is more me.

Super long scarf with my Polka Dot Blouse
Here you can see why it takes me so long to knit these things because I make them super long. Taller than me in fact. But I love being able to wrap them around my neck and still have it hanging all the way down to my waist so I'm really toasty.

In other news I've finally cleaned up my sewing room so I'm all excited to sew again. Stay tuned for something actually sewn by me.


8 comments:

  1. Great scarf and love the colour. It sure has got cold quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're going to need something to keep you toasty in a Blue Mountains winter, so lucky you made it Dr Who style long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Dr Who style long...this shall become my new unit of measurement. And yes it will be toasty.

      Delete
  3. This stitch is beautiful, I think I need to learn how to do it!! It's getting cooler in Sydney now, but not quite to the point I need a scarf and jacket. But I'm looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I commute into Western Sydney and feel a little embarrassed by how many layers I have to peel off when I get off the train! But I'm toasty while I'm walking in the mountains.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous texture!!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's my favourite (and only) stitch for knitting!
      Although I think I might get a little cray cray and choose another stitch for my 3rd scarf.
      I think it's time.

      Delete
  5. It looks great! Lovely color and it looks so cozy and warm :)

    ReplyDelete